Mercy Volunteer Corps wants our volunteers to focus on the relationships they will build during their year of service so we are providing the following benefits to assistance with expenses:
- Transportation: From Orientation in August to your service site, during your year of service, to all retreats, and back home again after your year of service is complete.
- Food stipend: Shared communally; volunteers purchase their groceries together as a community.
- Personal stipend
- Medical insurance
- School loan deferment: Contact your lender to verify, but typically volunteers are able to defer their loans during their term of service with MVC through proof of commitment.
- Professional growth and development: Your placement at your service site will give you the chance to develop your skills and gain new experience that can be helpful in obtaining employment after your volunteer experience.
- Orientation and retreat opportunities
- Opportunity to live simply in a community
- Inspiration that lasts a lifetime: The Mercy Volunteer Corps experience is a transformative one that impacts volunteers long after their service year ends. Being in relationship with those who are poor and marginalized affects a volunteer’s perspective and the way they view the world. Additionally, following their year of service, volunteers continue to strive to figure out how to continue living out the values from their year.